At Sutton Counselling our individual counselling works psychodynamically, which means linking the present with the past, and also helping to bring unconscious ideas out into the open. Your counsellor will not give you advice or tell you what to do. Instead you will have the time and non-judgemental space to think about things in a different way. Some people find this brings relief.
Here at Sutton Counselling we offer a confidential place for you to consider your individual situation. Sitting with a counsellor, you will be able to talk through and explore any feelings and thoughts you raise, no matter how difficult or unpleasant you feel they may be.
People decide to start counselling for all sorts of reasons, such as
- Feelings of frustration or anger, sometimes from nowhere.
- During times of loss or loneliness.
- When it is proving difficult to move on after the death of a loved one.
- Feeling anxious, concerned, or worried about life and the future.
- Relationships – at home or work – not going as well as you would like.
- Following redundancy, or wanting to change career
- Identity issues
Individual Counselling can be long term (up to two years) or time limited (12 or 24 sessions). The best counselling option for you can be discussed at your initial assessment.
Get in touch to start your Counselling